Reports to: General Manager
Summary of Position:
Works with the Manager to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, service quality, safety, cleanliness and sanitation. Oversee a maximum of 15 staff members per shift, a 20,000 square foot facility that has a capacity of 85 jumpers per hour, 2 party rooms and an arcade.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Inventory management and ordering.
- Facility opening and closing duties.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Provide advice and suggestions to the Manager as needed.
- Promotes good business principles by never discussing company business in public areas or with customers.
- Maintains a friendly, courteous and cheerful demeanor at all times.
- Marketing, Programs and Events
- Managing special events (school field trips, corporate events, bachelor parties, youth groups, etc.).
- Overseeing event staffing plans including full oversight of the front desk staff.
- Performs and/or oversees regular inventory procedures, including ordering, taking physical inventory, controlling waste, etc.
- Implements strategies for improving cost controls.
- Assign tills to cashiers.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day/shift.
- Manage labor based on daily business changes while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Monitors the workplace safety program.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all customers are receiving the proper service according to company standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Supervise and participate in jump area, kitchen and cafe area cleaning.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the facility’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the facility’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the facility, employees and guests. Resolve customer complaints.
- Master the point-of-sale, online booking and event scheduling software.
- Develop a proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word and Powerpoint).
- Assist General Manager in making employment and termination decisions.
- Develop and foster a work environment where all employees are free from harassment of any kind.
- Be knowledgeable of facility policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Identify and train leaders for each area of the park.
- Train and develop supervisors.
- Report employee misconduct to the General Manager.
Perform any other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by the General Manager.
- Must at least 21 years of age.
- 3-5 years managing an entertainment business, recreation department or restaurant.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Displays a strong knowledge of all job functions and systems. Is viewed as a leader.
- Must possess basic math and computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A strong knowledge of our POS system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.